Simulating Leo's features in Vim, Emacs or Eclipse is possible, just as it is possible to simulate Python in assembly language...
The highlights of Leo 5.5
- Syntax coloring is 20x faster than before.
The "big-text" hack is no longer needed.
- Leo's importers are now line/token oriented, allowing them
- Pylint now runs in the background.
- Pyflakes can optionally check each file as it is written.
- Greatly simplified argument-handling for interactive commands.
- Documented how to do Test-Driven Development in Leo.