Almost exactly one year's work on Leo: a PIM, an IDE and an outliner.
Leo 5.0b2 is now available here.
The highlights of Leo 5.0
* Better compatibility with vim, Emacs, pylint and PyQt:
- Optional native emulation of vim commands.
- Full support for Emacs org-mode outlines.
- Better support for pylint.
- Support for both PyQt4 and PyQt5.
* Better handling of nodes containing large text:
- Idle time syntax coloring eliminates delay.
- Optional delayed loading of large text.
* Power features:
- Leo available via github repository.
- File name completion.
- Cloned nodes expand and contract independently.
- @data nodes can be composed from descendant nodes.
- No need to change Leo's main style sheet:
it can be customized with @color and @font settings.
- @persistence nodes save data in @auto trees.
- A pluggable architecture for @auto nodes.
- The style-reload command changes Leo's appearance instantly.
* Important new plugins for tagging, display and node evaluation.
* For beginners:
- Leo's default workbook files contains Leo's quickstart guide.
* Hundreds of new/improved features and bug fixes.