- one-dollar-one-vote democracy 
- "neutered, impotent and obsolete" U.S. corporate media 
- out-of-control military  and surveillance  establishments
- worldwide inaction on CO2 emissions 
- ongoing human-caused mass extinctions rivaling the previous "big 5" mass extinctions 
- all enabled by 24/7 corporate-funded right-wing propaganda  and .
P.S. If there is one area where I might still make a difference in the computing world, it might be high-speed analysis of types for Python. Lest you think this is a minor business, it is a fact that any useful analysis of computer programs (for example, any kind of refactoring) requires robust knowledge of types.